Thursday, January 19, 2012

In the beginning

Jan. 19, 2012

Have you ever finished the last watered down sip of some generic light beer and felt something was missing?  Or bought a macro-brewery "craft" beer and thought to yourself, "This shit tastes like shit!"  Well I have.  Often.  So I decided to do something about it.

This blog is for everyone who ever wanted to start making their own beer, but didn't know where to start.  I have no idea what I am doing.  I have read a few books... perused some web sites.  Besides that, I am a total newbie.  It should be pretty funny watching me make a ton of mistakes and waste a lot of money.  Hopefully I can save you from making them too.  I have been slowly accumulating equipment and supplies, and I think I will be ready to brew my first batch in the next week or so.  I will add some pictures of my set up and shoddy home made gear.

Checks me out on the reg,

Peace Out


9 comments:

  1. Can you teach me how to dougie as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment section is for brewing and blog related content only. you have been warned. J/K, but i only know how to Move it like Bernie.

      Delete
  2. Can I be the taste tester for the batches then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have openings for many taste testers. i'll send u the application.

      Delete
    2. Ok, but I'll probably just back out.

      Delete
  3. Well you already said I'm a taster so done and done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yea u dont need an app. only people i cant trust need to leave a paper trail.

      Delete
  4. Can i be a taster too?? Or, will it have that nasty stuff floating around in it, like seans homemade beer? if so, i'm out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seans beer had dead bugs in it. mine will not. well, maybe the ones i let u taste will.

      Delete